Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bixby, OK



Saturday I left OKC at 6:30 a.m. with assistant Angela DeLong, on my way to Bixby, OK. My mistake was relying on the lady inside my GPS - the one who tells me to "take the motorway". Who says that anyway? So she leads me to NORTH Tulsa and everyone knows Bixby is south of Tulsa. This made me very late and I hate being late. It takes awhile to unbungee and set up, and patients were waiting. So were the awesome Dr. Lindsay Smith and Dr. Miranda Ruleford. And the equally amazing assistant, Jamie Wooten. We saw 11 patients and provided treatment of over $8,000! Dr. Smith had done all the screening in advance, so when the patients arrived we were ready to roll.


We grabbed lunch at the apprently world famous Scotts Old Fashion Burgers, right there on Dawes in Bixby. It was just a block down from where we had parked the dental van. REALLY good burgers, tots and curly fries. Not on my plan for healthy eating, but worth it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If this van could talk, it would tell many more amazing stories like bixby. In a small way it does talk with its mileage meter and the inevitable little dings and scratches along the way. Like an old worn shoe its done a lot of traveling and served a most noble purpose. In its case, bear the weight of the uninsured in need of dental care. Well done! keep up the good work.