Thursday, February 11, 2010

On the Road...

So I'm on my way to Austin to look at some new mobile dental units. That's exciting. Except the weather in Texas is terrible and I'm stuck in Houston waiting for things to clear up in Dallas. It's all one big puzzle or game of chess.

Anyway, funny story. On my way out of Oklahoma I got stopped at security for having something suspicious in my carry on. I couldn't image what could possibly be suspicious until they pulled out a shade guide. I'd forgotten I had it in my computer bag. I don't even know why I had it in my computer bag.

I guess it does look a little weird, right there next to my Vitamin water and lame novel. They were pretty quick to understand what it is used for and that it wasn't dangerous. Actually, I think they were trying to impress the boss man who was passing through at the time and checking to make sure they were doing their job. They did. The world is now a little safer. And the security dude could use some bleach, judging by a quick comparison with the shade guide.

One exciting thing, other than getting to check out brand new mobile units in hopes of replacing the 5th wheel we just sold. This blog was nominated for a 2009 Okie Blog Award. If you have an Oklahoma blog or know someone who does, vote for us in the Best Business Related Blog category. Click here to see the voting guidelines. You must be an Oklahoma blogger to vote.

No comments: